The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 directed USDA to update the National School Lunch Program's meal pattern and nutrition standards based on the latest Dietary Guidelines for Americans. The new meal pattern went into effect at the beginning of the 2012-13 School Year, and increases the availability of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains in the school menu. Complete EVSC menu links are at bottom of this page.
New dietary specifications set specific calorie limits to ensure age-appropriate meals for grades K-5, 6-8, and 9-12. Other meal enhancements include gradual reductions in the sodium content of the meals (sodium targets must be reached by School Year 2014-15, School Year 2017-18 and School Year 2022-23).
While school lunches must meet Federal meal requirements, decisions about what specific foods to serve and how they are prepared are made by local school food authorities.
Free/Reduced Price Meals
Any child at a participating school may purchase a meal through the National School Lunch Program. Children from families with incomes at or below 130 percent of the poverty level are eligible for free meals. Those with incomes between 130 percent and 185 percent of the poverty level are eligible for reduced‐price meals, for which students can be charged no more than 40 cents. For more information, click here.
Children from families with incomes over 185 percent of poverty pay a full price, though their meals are still subsidized to some extent.
Afterschool snacks are provided to children on the same income eligibility basis as school meals. However, programs that operate in areas where at least 50 percent of students are eligible for free or reduced‐price meals may serve all their snacks for free.
Applications for free and reduced price lunches are distributed to every student at the start of each school year, but are available at any time - should family financial situations change.
Call 812-435-8262 or Email: [email protected]
- November Preschool Breakfast Menu (PDF 120.91 KB)
- November Elem., K-6, K-8, Middle & Jr. High Breakfast Menu (PDF 124.16 KB)
- November High School Breakfast Menu (PDF 105.43 KB)
- November Grab 'N Go Breakfast Menu (PDF 122.58 KB)
- November Preschool Lunch Menu (PDF 126.82 KB)
- November Elem., K-6 & K-8 Lunch Menu (PDF 130.99 KB)
- November Middle & Jr. High Lunch Menu (PDF 163.64 KB)
- November High School Lunch Menu (PDF 222.38 KB)
- November Snack Menu (PDF 74.91 KB)
- December PreSchool Breakfast Menu (PDF 121.93 KB)
- December Elementary, K-6, K-8, Middle & Jr. High Breakfast (PDF 123.9 KB)
- December High School Breakfast Menu (PDF 104.64 KB)
- December PreSchool Lunch Menu (PDF 68.74 KB)
- December Elementary, K-6 & K-8 Lunch Menu (PDF 105.69 KB)
- December Middle & Jr. High School Lunch Menu (PDF 100.82 KB)
- December High School Lunch (PDF 252.37 KB)
- December Grab 'N Go Breakfast Menu (PDF 122.65 KB)