The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 directed USDA to update the National School Lunch Program's meal pattern and nutrition standards based on the latest Dietary Guidelines for Americans. The new meal pattern went into effect at the beginning of the 2012-13 School Year, and increases the availability of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains in the school menu. Complete EVSC menu links are at bottom of this page.
New dietary specifications set specific calorie limits to ensure age-appropriate meals for grades K-5, 6-8, and 9-12. Other meal enhancements include gradual reductions in the sodium content of the meals (sodium targets must be reached by School Year 2014-15, School Year 2017-18 and School Year 2022-23).
While school lunches must meet Federal meal requirements, decisions about what specific foods to serve and how they are prepared are made by local school food authorities.
Free/Reduced Price Meals
Any child at a participating school may purchase a meal through the National School Lunch Program. Children from families with incomes at or below 130 percent of the poverty level are eligible for free meals. Those with incomes between 130 percent and 185 percent of the poverty level are eligible for reduced‐price meals, for which students can be charged no more than 40 cents. For more information, click here.
Children from families with incomes over 185 percent of poverty pay a full price, though their meals are still subsidized to some extent.
Afterschool snacks are provided to children on the same income eligibility basis as school meals. However, programs that operate in areas where at least 50 percent of students are eligible for free or reduced‐price meals may serve all their snacks for free.
Applications for free and reduced price lunches are distributed to every student at the start of each school year, but are available at any time - should family financial situations change.
Call 812-435-8262 or Email: [email protected]
- March Preschool Breakfast Menu (PDF 121.39 KB)
- March Elementary, K-6, K-8, Middle & Jr. High Breakfast Menu (PDF 124.37 KB)
- March High School Breakfast Menu (PDF 97.68 KB)
- March Grab N Go Breakfast Menu (PDF 100.4 KB)
- March Preschool Lunch Menu (PDF 66.73 KB)
- March Elementary, K-6 & K-8 Lunch Menu (PDF 71.87 KB)
- March Middle & Jr. High Lunch Menu (PDF 101.52 KB)
- March High School Lunch Menu (PDF 185.91 KB)
- March Snack Menu (PDF 54.78 KB)
- April 2014 Preschool Breakfast Menu (PDF 98.54 KB)
- April 2014 Elementary, K-6, K-8, Middle & Jr. High Breakfast (PDF 101.46 KB)
- April 2014 High School Breakfast Menu (PDF 96.93 KB)
- April 2014 Grab N Go Breakfast Menu (PDF 99.45 KB)
- April 2014 Preschool Lunch Menu (PDF 67.69 KB)
- April 2014 Elementary, K-6 & K-8 Lunch Menu (PDF 72.92 KB)
- April 2014 Middle & Jr. High Lunch Menu (PDF 101.73 KB)
- April 2014 High School Lunch Menu (PDF 186.26 KB)
- April 2014 Snack Menu (PDF 54.78 KB)